The Preloved Sale
From playtime to pastime- there is a sea of outgrown toys we navigate every day. Now is the time to declutter, bag up the toys that your child may not have played with for months- if not years.
The IBU preloved Bazaar is back- and there are TWO sessions with different sellers, so try come for both to see what the different vendors have to offer!
And remember, the IBU x Astra Bazaar has a lot of carefully curated products and F&B stalls, in addition to the annual Jumble Sale.
Top 12 tips for preloved sales
If this is your first time attending the Annual IBU Bazaar, here are a few tips to make the most of your shopping experience:
1. Arrive early: Getting to the event early gives you a better chance to find the items you're looking for before they're snatched up by other shoppers. Strollers, car seats, safety gates, play kitchens, doll houses are the things that get sold off really quick.
Come at the start of the session for the best picks, come back towards the end of the session for the best bargains as vendors often provide further markdowns!
2. Bring a wish list: Make a list of the items you need or want to buy. This can help you stay focused and ensure you don't forget anything important. Especially with so many bargains on offer.
3. Be thorough: Take your time to look through all the items available. Check boxes, baskets, and hidden spots where sellers might have kept items out of sight.
4. Make multiple rounds: Other shoppers might uncover new items or return items they decided not to buy, giving you a chance to find something you missed earlier.
5. Negotiate politely: If you're buying multiple items or if you think the price is a bit high, it doesn't hurt to ask for a discount. Approach sellers with a smile and be reasonable in your negotiation.
6. Stay nourished: Don't forget to take breaks and fuel up with refreshments available at the event. Keeping your energy levels up will help you stay focused and make better shopping decisions.
7. Plan for children: There are designated activity areas and child care options with Kiddocare available. This can help keep them occupied while you shop.
8. Shop with a friend: Bringing a friend along can make the experience more enjoyable, and you can cover more ground by splitting up and sharing your wish lists.
9. Bring cash and small change: Many jumble sales prefer cash payments, so it's a good idea to bring enough cash, including smaller denominations. This will make transactions smoother and more convenient.
10. Bring bags or a trolley: Be prepared to carry your purchases comfortably by bringing reusable bags or a trolley-bag. This way, you can easily transport your finds without strain. We have IBU bags available, for the first (100) visitors, so do drop by our counter to pick them too.
11. Check the event pages: Prior to the event, browse through our pages to see if vendors have announced what they'll be selling. This can help you prioritize your visits and go directly to the vendors you're interested in.
12. Bring measurements: If you're shopping for clothing or equipment, bring measurements for yourself or your family members to ensure a proper fit.
Remember to have fun and enjoy the experience of finding unique treasures at the jumble sale!
IBU x Astra Family Bazaar Charity Partners
For those looking to recycle their toys and baby/children clothes, we have two charity partners collecting different things. Do read on about what they will collect, this is a chance to recycle as well as support their efforts.
Level 2, KL Gateway Mall, 16th July 2023
A social enterprise that recycles toys and children's books to enable play and learning through the setting up of toy libraries and playgroups in marginalised communities.
Bring your preloved toys over to Re:Play Toy Libraries booth and give them a new home! Donations go to support play for children all over Malaysia! Besides collecting donations, Toy Libraries / play unlimited will also be selling preloved toys, to raise funds to renovate the floors of the PPR Lembah Subang Toy Library
Level 2, KL Gateway Mall, 16th July 2023
Give a second life to your preloved cloths by donating your cloth items to Greater Action! Greater Action designs bespoke handcrafted bags, home linen and accessories that are unique. The proceeds from their sales go to support the livelihood of their Afghan tailoring team.
They are also collect children's clothes at the IBU x Astra Family Bazaar to be distributed to the refugee families with kids.