Fri, 29 Sept|
Casa Permai Central Park
Mid-Autumn Festival @ Casa Permai Central Park
Come and join us for a traditional Mid-Autumn Festival celebration in the park. There will be a lantern walk around the park, a story session about the Tang Dynasty and even a Jade Treasure Hunt! The perfect playdate for your kids and their friends. See you there!
Time & Location
29 Sept, 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm
Casa Permai Central Park, Lorong Lembah Permai 1, Tanjung Tokong, 11200 Tanjung Bungah, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
About the event
Ever wondered why people walk around with lanterns or eat mooncakes during the Mid-Autumn Festival? What is the story behind this special day of the full moon? Is there really a lady stuck on the moon?
Come and join us for a traditional Mid-Autumn Festival celebration in the park to have all your burning questions answered. It will be the perfect playdate for your kids and their friends and a great learning session about the celebration. Here are the activities you and your entire family can look forward:
- Mid-Autumn Story Telling: Travel to the Tang dynasty to listen about the story of Chang E, the goddess of the moon.
- Jade Rabbit Treasure Hunt: Let's go on a hunt around the park and look for some treasure!
- Lantern walk around the park: As the moon begins to rise, each child will get a traditional paper lantern to light their path for the evening walk together.
RM20/child for IBU members. RM25/child for non-IBU members. Adults participate for free! Event fees include a mini mooncake, muffin, drink and paper lantern for each child participant. Fee is to be paid directly via bank transfer. Payment details will be sent to your email after you RSVP. Please make payment to secure your place in the session.
- This event is recommended for children aged 2 to 10 years old.
- Additional Lanterns available at rm 8 per lantern. Please indicate how many additional lanterns are needed per family if necessary.
- Each family are encouraged to bring their own picnic mat.