Fri, 27 Jan|
Taman Tugu Nursery
IBU Event: Eco Warrior Gardening Workshop + Jungle Walk
Little ones have the opportunity to get their hands dirty, and pitch in as a volunteer in this fun and interactive experience led by experienced facilitators! A portion of the ticket sales will be allocated for donation. They'll also get a healthy dose of nature on a little toddler-friendly hike.
Time & Location
27 Jan 2023, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Taman Tugu Nursery, Taman Tugu Nursery, Jalan Sultan Salahuddin, Kuala Lumpur
About the event
Little ones will have the opportunity to get their hands dirty, and pitch in as a volunteer in this fun and interactive experience led by experienced facilitators. 🌱
They will also get a healthy dose of nature on a little toddler-friendly hike. Additionally, fuel up with some tasty treats from The Rolling Pin by Nur, and that's not all - every child will bring home a mini planting kit to put their newfound gardening skills into practice!
- Introduction to the activities
- Planting demo and Gardening workshop
- Story on seeds, biodiversity walk
Early bird price: RM15/person for IBU members (RM25 for non-members)
Normal price: RM20/person for IBU members (RM30 for non-members)
*IBU Members - be sure to sign in to our website to enjoy your discounted rate.
Note: This is a parent accompanied event. Adults require their own ticket as they are included in the headcount towards the event capacity limit.
Recommended participation age: 2 to 6 years old. However, you are welcome to bring your child if they are older or younger than the recommended bracket. Please note they will need their own ticket if they are actively participating in the event, as their presence counts towards the max capacity.
Please note: A portion of each ticket sale is earmarked for a donation to Free Tree Society.
COVID-19 & Safety
1. Kindly perform a self-test within 24 hours before the visit. As per MOH policy, those who are COVID-positive are not permitted to attend.
Things to Bring/ Prep
1. Light snacks - we have prepared some light snacks but pls feel free to bring your own especially if your child has any dietary requirements.
2. If you are bringing your own meal, do consider going vegetarian/vegan and be sure to go single-use plastic free (e.g. straws, cutlery and mineral water).
3. Wear clothes and shoes suitable for outdoor gardening work.
4. Wear long pants and long-sleeved tops for protection from mosquitoes. You are advised to bring your own mosquito repellent, sunscreen, hat and change of clothing. An umbrella or poncho may be required.
Other General Reminders
1. This is a parent accompanied event. Please be with your child at all times.
2. Kindly follow the instructions to avoid any accidents.
3. We appreciate any assistance from our parents especially with the post-event clean up.
4. During registration, please have your tickets ready for presentation. Please arrive early to do the registration. This way we can start on time.
5. If driving or using an e-hailing service, set the location to “Taman Tugu”. Ask to be dropped off at the gate and walk to the cluster of buildings inside. The activity is located att the roofed area with metal tables and chairs, in-between the toilets and the surau.
Parking is available inside the Taman Tugu Nursery compound and at the Persatuan Perkhidmatan Tadbir dan Diplomatik (PPTD) carpark, a short walk away.
Alternatively, parking is available at the Padang Merbok carpark or the Lake Gardens Multi-Storey Carpark. Both are about 12 to 15 minutes’ walk to the Taman Tugu Nursery entrance.
- Ticket type
Ticket - AdultPriceRM 30.00Sold Out
This event is sold out