ibu Charity Jumble Sale 2018 Post Mortem Report
Date: 27 October 2018, Saturday
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm (early bird entrance for ibu members at 9.10am)
Venue: British International School Kuala Lumpur
1. Amount collected
i. Table sales: RM3, 650
ii. Door and 2 t-shirts: RM1, 360
iii. Eco Steam Wash: RM 615
Total: RM5, 625
i. Table fees: RM100 (ibu members), RM150 (non-ibu members)
ii. Entrance fee: RM10 for max 6 pax
iii. Total tables: 43
- Tables sold: 31
- Charity tables: 3 (Hope For Pakistani Refugee Community, Rumah Amal Cheshire Selangor, Nazanin Bags)
- Sponsor tables: 2 (Children’s House, Toddler Town)
- Volunteer tables: 7 (Tables were allocated to volunteers as a volunteer benefit)
3. Charity recipients:
i. Need to Feed the Need (Recipient of all cash collected to help fund their milk appeal project)
ii. Jumble Station (Recipient of unsold items)
i. British International School
- Venue and rental of 40 tables
- Contact: Phil Leamen – 017 698 1465 (hp), email@example.com (email)
ii. Eco Steam Wash
- Stroller/car seats wash for jumble sale attendees
- Contact: Azlina 012 270 2977(hp), firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
iii. Santa Fe Relocation
-Transfer of donated/unsold items to Jumble Station
- Contact: Julianna Teoh +60 3 7805 4322 (hp), Julianna.Teoh@santaferelo.com
iv. Toddler Town
- Children’s activities
- Contact: Martina Colosetti - 011 1445 3056 (hp), email@example.com
5. Marketing efforts:
i. Emails and SMS blasts to 500 contacts from ibu database
6. What went right?
i. Well organised especially during closing.
ii. Roles and responsibilities were assigned early on.
iii. Transport was on standby to transport unsold/donated items to Jumble Station in Subang Jaya after the sale ended.
7. What went wrong?
i. Disgruntled vendor who complained that we didn't do enough to promote the event, and was upset that his contact info was given away to an unhappy buyer who felt that she was sold a faulty item.
ii. The feedback we have received was mixed. Some felt that the crowd size was lesser compared to the jumble held also at BSKL last year and questioned our marketing efforts to promote the jumble.
i. Vendor guidelines
ii. Vendor hacks